I feel like I have been doing a few big food shops of late, then at the end of the week I am chucking food out. I have been thinking of ways I can cut down on wastage in my everyday life (thank you to my good friend Rachelle, the editor of Maximizer Magazine for inspiring me).
I LOVE coffee to, but I only ever buy one as a treat when I go out, nothing wrong with that but I am trying to save money. So I probably wont be able to afford a coffee, since I am only budgeting $10 a day on food and drink. So goodbye soy lattes and hello to homemade coffee (only for a week ekkkk haha).
$10 a day sounds easy right? I actually think this is going to be a big challenge. I added up my weekly costs for 5 days, this includes, food at home and at cafes, protein powders, superfoods, coffees, teas etc. it was a whoping $146 one week and $138 the next I was spending. This was calculated on a Monday and Friday basis over the past 2 weeks.
So the rules…
- Maximum of $10 to spend of food and drinks on a daily basis.
- $50 over 5 days budget.
- I will have to include food or drink supplements in the total cost.
- Can buy from farmers markets or the super market.
- Can use foods from the veggie/fruit patch and the herb garden at home, not included in the daily cost.
- Can use any spices in the pantry, however not allowed to buy any more.
- This is just for myself, no other family member.
- Will update at least 4 times on the blog and daily on my Instagram & Facebook, my food posts and proof.
- Will snapchat evidence every meal and state the total cost.
Wish me luck everyone.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Instagram – @aliceinhealthyland
Facebook – Alice In Healthyland.
Snapchat – allyb1987