Mmmmmmm yes coffee you sexy, delicious thing you. Okay so I am not really that obsessed I don’t drink it allll day long. But I do enjoy one maybe once every two days and when I have it, I destroy it and it makes me do magical things. So do we have to just drink it to get its magical powers? No!! Coffee is just as sexy in foods too.
Getting creatitive in the kitchen doesn’t have to be slavibg away for 3hrs per recipe either, you would need a few coffees to survive if you had to last that long though.
So I have come up with 3 simple recipes that’s will get you jumping for joy when you eat them.
Creamy Coconut Coffee Hits!
1/2 cup coconut yogurt
1 shot of coffee
2 full tablespoons of chia seeds
1 tablespoon of rice malt syrup
1. In a bowl mix the coconut yogurt, shot if coffee, rice malt syrup & chia seeds.
2. Spoon mixture into mini moulds (these are from Kmart).
3. Place in freezer for at least 1hr before consuming.
Makes 5 small servings.
Coffee Choc Little Bites
1 cup oats
2 shots of coffee
1 organic egg
1 tablespoon rice malt syrup or sweeter of choice
3 tbsp cacao
100mls of almond milk or milk or choice
1. Place all ingredients in a blender andblend until like a cake batter.
2. Pour into moulds or muffin tray.
3. Place in a preheated oven of 180degrees and bake for 15-20minutes until cooked.
4. Enjoy warm or cool. Can freeze for later.
Makes 12 small or 6 large muffins.
Coffee Vanilla Smoothie
1 frozen banana
30g vanilla protein
1/2 cup ice chips
2 shots coffee
1 teaspoon rice malt syrup or sweeter of choice
1. Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until like a frappe consistency.
2. Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately.
Serves 2 for a snack or 1 for a meal (can add 30g oats for a meal).