Milkmaidmumma is a beautiful online retailer + wholesaler who create pretty handmade bamboo reusable nursing pads and they also stock Eco accessories from around the world to help make mumma and their Babes lives a little easier and safer.
I was recently asked by Milkmaidmumma to write a honest review on one of their newest products the Haakaa Silicone Breast Pump.
The milk I expressed over 3-4 pumps throughout the day. I don’t express much at one time though.
The Haakaa Silicone Breast Pump is a one piece Breast Pump that has been on the market for a while now. The pump recently had a makeover, its capacity has been increased to 100mls and now has suction bottom to keep it up right safely.
I am one of those people that get the item straight out of the box and instantly try it out. I don’t read instructions I just try figure it out on my own. Haha this time it did not work in my favour. I had no clue how to make this pump work. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS PEOPLE. In fact I not only read the instructions but I had to you tube it too.
It took a few attempts to get the pump to actually milk my breast but once I got the hang of it my milked dripped put almost immediately.
You have to squeeze the bottom of the pump first (that was why I couldn’t get it working to start with as I didn’t do this) make sure your nipple perfectly in the centre of the pump, then you release your hand. The pump is then meant to be hands free, I did have to readjust my nipple two to three times during the pump though. I think this is only because I was still getting used to it. I didn’t get a lot out to start with but I hadn’t planned to pump that day I used it. So I took some lactation goodies and re tried the next day and I was able to pump a lot more as I had more supply. I was able to do it hands free to thanks to YouTube. I don’t get a lot out with an electric pump in one go anyway. So I used it to pump throughout the day.
To be completely honest it doesn’t compare to my electric pump if I need a lot of milk supply to store fast but it certainly does a great job. I am able to get more milk out faster from my electric pump, but for its price and it’s convenient compact size to fit in my nappy bag it’s a fantastic buy. I will definitely continue to use it.
Here are some perks of the Haakaa
– You don’t need any wires or connections to take with you either so it’s great for travel.
– You don’t need to prepare anything either before use so that is an absolute bonus.
– With Haakaa you don’t have to be continuously squeezing your manual pump base (once you get the hang of it of course).
– It’s so easy to clean to as there are minimal parts. Just the pump and the stopper.
– I love that Haakaa have created a cute flower stopper to seal the pump to in between uses. I even turned it up side down to prove it. I would of cried if it spilt though ekk.
Holding the pump upside down with the stopper.
– I love that the product can be used to catch your let down when you are breastfeeding your baby on the other side as you don’t need to hold the pump. Therefore no leakage or wastage of the let down.
– It’s made from 100% food grade Silicone.
Would I buy it?
Yes I would. I think it’s such a handy little manual pump to keep for when I am on the go.
Where do I buy the Haakaa?
Well this review is for the Milkmaidmumma so I will link the product straight to their page here.
Want more from the Milkmaimumma?
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/milkmaidmumma
Website – https://www.milkmaidmumma.com/