Manuka Honey + Coconut CashewsContinue reading “Manuka Honey + Coconut Cashews”
We have been making these twice a week of late. All my little ones love to eat them, plus I don’t mind a cheeky one for afternoon tea either. It’s so handy to have bite size foods to grab straight from the fridge that are made from wholesome foods with no added nasties!
They are really simple to create and take 5minutes prep time and then 20minutes to bake.The is perfect for your older bub or toddler for breakie, morning tea or an afternoon snack.Here is the recipe! Tag me @aliceinhealthyland if you make them. It melts my heart seeing your little ones eat my recipes!
Bread Pudding Christmas Cake
This recipe was inspired by the taste of my Nanny Pat’s fruit cake and my Dad’s famous Bread Pudding. Both treats I enjoyed on special occasions like Christmas as a child.
- 1 Cup Dates, soaked in ½ Cup Boiling Water
- ¼ Cup Sultanas
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon or 1 Drop Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- ¼ Teaspoon of Mix Spice
- ¼ Teaspoon of Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 Slices Rye Bread, crustless and soaked in ½ Cup Almond Milk (overnight)
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- 2 Chia Eggs (to make vegan) or 1 Organic Egg
- 2/3 Cup Spelt Flour
- Squeeze of ½ an Orange
- 2/3 Cup Oats
- ½ Cup Mixed Berries (I used Raspberries, Blueberries and Black Berries)
- 1 Serve 180 Nutrition Coconut Superfood Blend (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1/3 Cup Mixed Raw Nuts
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Prepare a round cake tin (20cms round) and line if you pan is non-stick. I used coconut oil to line mine.
- In the high speed blender (I use the Vitamix) mix the soaked rye in the milk, flour, dates, in hot water, maple, essential oil or and spices, egg, vanilla, protein (if using) orange and oil.
- Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl. Fold through the nuts and remaining fruit.
- Spoon the batter into the baking tin. You will need to bake for 45minute. Turn heat down to 150 degrees and cook for another 20minutes. Check with a fork to see to make sure it is cooked the whole way through.
- Allow the cake to cool a little, then place on cooling rack. Once completely cooled place the cake in an airtight container and store in fridge. Consume within 7 days.
- Decorate on your favourite cake stand, top with extra fruit and serve with your favourite cold dessert. We love Pana Chocolate Ice Cream.
NOTE – You can mix in 2 nips of rum or brandy if you wish for a Christmas treat.
Recipe by @aliceinhealthyland
Images taken by Brisbane photographer @wyldefolkstudio_
Peanut Butter + Maple Cookies
I made these cookies for breakfast as I wanted to have a bit of a change from the usual smoothies and porridge. The cookies are completely egg and dairy free. I got them out the oven and within literally 30 minutes, the tribe and I ate them all. None left haha! I guess they were a winner. They were chewy on the outside and soft on the inside, delicious!
Written by Sarah Nicholls
Papaya, also known as papaw, is a rich source of antioxidants, phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals and special digestive enzymes. The powerhouse of these enzymes is the proteolytic enzyme papain.
The papaya enzyme papain plays a key role in digestive processes involving breaking down tough protein fibers.
Here is a simple recipe that we make in our house weekly. In our house we call it Healthyland Chocolate.
What is in my toddlers lunchbox?
Feat. Australian Certified Organic.
Packing my toddlers lunch box daily can be a bit of a challenge as Cruz (nearly 2) can like something one day and then change his mind the next and say his famous “no” to what I have on offer. So I like to mix up his lunchbox with a few different yummy goodies and options but also like to offer him some of the same foods daily even if he doesn’t eat them because tomorrow he may haha.