Blueberry Pie 🥧
I was #gifted a few punnets of @australianblueberries and to be honest I was pumped as we eat a punnet every few days in our house. With smoothies, snack boxes, homemade jam and did I mention snack boxes 🤪🙈. I wanted to make up something different and get creative in the kitchen after we went to the shops. I’m craving 🤰 a blueberry pie with coyo yogurt so I thought why not make one up. It was so easy to make.
2 sheets of short crust pastry(we use a vegan one)
1 large punnet of @australianblueberries
1 small red apple, grated
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 drops of green mandarin essential oil (could totally squeeze a lemon though)
2/3 cup of warm filtered water
3 tbsp. maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180degrees.
- Line a small Pyrex pie dish.
- Throw in the blueberries and the grated apple into the centre.
- In a bowl mix, warm water, maple, spices and citrus.
- Pour over the apple and blueberry mix.
- Pop some of the remaining pastry on top however you wish to style.
- Bake in oven for 45minutes on 180 degrees. Then turn down to 100 degrees and bake a further 15minutes.
Serve warm or cold. We are teaming this with coyo, but you could totally serve it up with ice cream, custard, cream. Your choice. ✌🏼