Written by Alice Bingham – @aliceinhealthyland
A few months a go we packed up the car for the weekend and headed to the Gold Coast. We live not too far away from the GC, in the sunny city of Brisbane. The drive was only 50 minute away from our destination, Wyndham Surfers Paradise but we wanted somewhere close to home and its nice exploring where you live. We stayed in the double premium two bedroom apartment. There was 5 of us, hubby, myself and 3 little ones aged 6 months to 3 years. We all fit in the room perfectly. Cruz and Winter Rose has a single bed each in one from and Lottie had a portacot in our room. David and I had a nice king bed (which was a nice upgrade from our queen at home). The children were so excited to pack their swimmers and the Queensland weather really turned it on for us with a lovely 28 degrees. The second night, unfortunately Cruz became unwell with high temps and an ear infection so we didn’t get to tick everything off the holiday bucket list that we had hoped for, but that is parent life right? Plus we still had a ball.
We made great use of the room, having a young family meant really taking it easy in Surfers Paradise (not like when hubby and I were younger haha). So we walked to the local Woolies (in Surfers Paradise) and stocked up the fridge. We cooked dinners both nights in the fully equiped kitchen. They have all the utensils, pots and pans you need to cook most standard meals. There are so many great local restaurants and cafes nearby too if you aren’t much of a chef. I loved that they had two bathrooms and they even accommodated us with a baby bath for little Lottie. Our children thought it was great to have their own shower. I did two loads of laundry while we was staying there too, (haha you know mumlife eh) they had a washing machine, a dryer, a clothes horse, a soak sink and you can shut the door to the laundry as well.
I used the gym both days. It was a good size, had weights, a bench, treadmill, bike, fit ball and a yoga mat. Enough to smash out a good training session if it is what your goals are when you are on holiday.
We headed down to the pool both days. The sunshine was out and Wyndham Surfers Paradise has a great area with lots of sun beds, both single and double. They have a huge shaded area by the pool and lots of seating. I loved that they had a section of the pool shallow enough for the little ones to run around and splash, but the pool was still a good death for swimming laps.
We made a fun itinerary for the weekend prior to going and we are so pleased we ticked every box off our checklist – pool dates, time zone, tram rides, beach, good coffee, early nights (because kids haha) and find a great park for the kids.
Things to do in Surfers Paradise…
- Pop on your walking shoes, put the children in the pram (if young) and head to the beach front. There is a nice long walk along the famous Surfers Paradise Beach and you can grab a coffee on the way from one of the cute cafes. The beach has life guard protected swimming spots if you decide to stop for a dip. We went for a few big morning walks and was so nice to have those amazing beach views.
- Time Zone, this was currently getting refurnished when we were there however they had a temporary pop up one. The children had a ball and loved seeing us be big kids too.
- You can see the G Link Tram line from up in the room. This was the highlight of Cruzie’s trip. As soon as we arrived he asked if he could go on one. We caught it into Cavill (one stop away haha) just so that he could have a ride on the first night. We got some food from Woolies and had a return ride home. Cruz was made up with the Tram ride and waiting at the station. The station was literally across the road from Wyndham Surfers Paradise which is so convenient if you want a quick trip without the traffic to other suburbs on the coast.
- On the Sunday we went to Kurrawa All Abilities Park in Broadbeach. We jumped on the Tram and the kids had a ball. We got a coffee from the surf club and had a look around at the market. The park was unreal for little ones. It is a fenced off area and has something for little ones all ages. It is on the foreshore and plenty of parking if you choose to drive.
Explore the GOLD COAST…
If you are planning on exploring the Gold Coast for a few days then Wyndham Surfers Paradise is a great place for your stay. If you ask at reception they have a great range of deals to visit the #mustsee local attractions. You can also pre book some of the attractions prior to leaving on The Wyndham Surfers Paradise’s webpage under ATTRACTIONS.
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is fun for the whole family. We were hoping to go here but Cruzie got unwell. You can get up close with Aussies native animals and wonder through the wide open enclosures and rainforests walks.
- Theme parks, Dreamworld, Movieworld, Seaworld and Wet n’ Wild are all a short drive away from Surfers Paradise. So many things to see a do at each park.
- You can pack up a picnic and hop in your car and go to explore the Gold Coast’s , Springbrook National Park. If you are a confident hiker or just love a casual walk there is something for everyone. The waterfalls are stunning and there is lots of nice water holes to swim in.
For you next holiday, check out Wyndham Surfers Paradise, it is great value and the whole team of staff are just so friendly and helpful. It is in the perfect location to lay low by the pool or at the beach, or be tourists around the gold coast with the Tram or Buses right on your doorstep. We had a blast and cannot wait to plan our next holiday.
Resort Home Page – CLICK HERE
Check Out all Wyndham Holiday Destinations – CLICK HERE
Instagram – CLICK HERE
Book Now – CLICK HERE