I am so excited to chat with the three girls #behindthelabel of @xothreeactive. I connected with these gorgeous girls during my pregnancy with Winter Rose. I was lucky enough to trial out their new label on for size when they were still working their bottoms off to get this amazing luxe maternity and postnatal label on the market. So proud of all the girls for chasing their dreams and making it happen.
Myself in my favourite XOTHREE FOXY BRA HIGH IMPACT BRA perfect for HIIT training and post training breastfeeding.
1. What is your go to Hot Drink
Krissy: Soy Cap in a Mug (Half Hot Water)
Alex: Skim Latte
Bri: Almond Milk Flat White
2. Can you tell us a little more about the women #behindthebusiness at XOTHREEACTIVE?
– All three of us had early births, collectively we have been pregnant for 220 weeks and counting, 1 x breach, 2 x c-sections and 3 x natural hypo births, 4 x babies latched straight away, and 1 didn’t. 1 x IVF cycle, 3 x miscarriages, 5 x births, soon to be 6. Collectively we have spent over 1418 days breast feeding, we have 2x boys and 3x girls. The average amount of weight we gain through our pregnancy was 15.5kg, and many sleepless nights… too many to count…..
3. What drove you to create your online maternity and breastfeeding label XOTHREEACTIVE ?
Krissy: I remember when I was pregnancy with my first born (who is now 5), I needed to stay physically fit and strong to help me “carry” my pregnancy through to full term – This was due to a bad lower back injury. So with a focus on staying active, I found that as my pregnancy progressed, I had to buy 3 or 4 different sports bras to cater for my ever changing breast size… and that was just through the pregnancy. The real frustration came along once I started breast feeding. Finding decent maternity active wear was a challenge. What was currently on the market resembled something my grandmother would have worn – plus finding a product with adequate support and provided easy access to feeding was nearly impossible.
I think at that time, many big brands were reluctant to give headspace to their maternity products and designs, knowing that most women wouldn’t want to spend money on garments that they were only planning on wearing briefly… and they were right! Back then, and even today – Women don’t want to wear an old school maternity bra for any longer than they have to! I remember at one stage I started resorting to my pre regnancy sports bras, purely because they were giving me the proper support I was needing, but that just ended badly with a painful case of mastitis.
So it wasn’t until I just finished feeding my youngest (now 3 yr), that I took the time to start planning and creating a product that provided the style, comfort and support that women were wanting, but to somehow make the maternity component discrete. Having found a great team of girls who have struggled through the same frustrations, and with the passion to make some positive changes too new mothers lives – together we are created some beautiful investment pieces that have been designed to live long and beyond pregnancy and breastfeeding – and to be stylish and supportive enough to be worn by women who aren’t even pregnant at all.
4. One of your mottos at XOTHREEACTIVE is that all mummas should feel great about themselves. What is something you practice daily in regards to self love?
Krissy: I allocate 1hr everyday to have some “me” time. Either to exercise or meditate.
Alex: Take time out to relax and to be mindful.
Bri: Each night before bed I think of all the things to be grateful for.
5. What is your favourite Nursing activewear piece currently in store and why?
Krissy: Sammy Compression Leggings
6. What are 3 key things a women should look for when buying a maternity and breastfeeding activewear?
Check out our blog on our website on:
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST PREGNANCY BRA
Want more from the girls from @xothreeactive?
Instagram – www.instagram.com/xothreeactive
Website – www.xothree.com